Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 12 has a USB-C port. Where am I suppose to plug in the lightning end of the cord to charge my phone?

My iPhone 12 has a USB-C port. I don't understand why it came with a USB-C to lightning cord.

iPhone 12

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2022 3:28 AM

I do not understand why Apple can’t provide everything needed to properly get every device in full working order when it is purchased. I just purchased my first Apple product an iPhone12 and I’m completely dumbfounded that I was forced to go out and buy a cord and plug 🔌 to even begin to learn to use my new device!!! How much presumptuous of Apple to think that everyone has a iPhone cord just laying around

After spending over $75 in wrong cords and plugs and broken hands free device im 2 months in to my purchase I’m finally getting to become aquatinted with my new phone phone. Now instead of an Air tags investment i had to pay for charging cords

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 1, 2022 3:28 AM in response to Kittyfied

I do not understand why Apple can’t provide everything needed to properly get every device in full working order when it is purchased. I just purchased my first Apple product an iPhone12 and I’m completely dumbfounded that I was forced to go out and buy a cord and plug 🔌 to even begin to learn to use my new device!!! How much presumptuous of Apple to think that everyone has a iPhone cord just laying around

After spending over $75 in wrong cords and plugs and broken hands free device im 2 months in to my purchase I’m finally getting to become aquatinted with my new phone phone. Now instead of an Air tags investment i had to pay for charging cords

Feb 3, 2022 2:07 PM in response to Kittyfied

It has a Lightning port. The included cable will be a Lightning to USB-C cable. The ports look similar, but Lightning is a little bit narrower and won't have a little circuit board or plastic piece with electrical contacts at the center of the port.

The USB end can be plugged into a USB-C port, or alternatively you could use an adapter like this with a USB-A port.

https://satechi.net/products/aluminum-type-a-to-type-c-adapter?variant=19474588860504

Or if you'd rather, you could use a USB-A to Lightning cable. There are tons of "Made for iPhone/iPad/iPod" (aka MFi) ones cheap where they have an Apple license.

My iPhone 12 has a USB-C port. Where am I suppose to plug in the lightning end of the cord to charge my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.