Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Library

When I attempt to delete either photos or videos from the library, I see them disappear however, I don't see my trash filled with any of the files just deleted. This matter concerns my new iMac Blue 24" M1 Chip

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2022 3:57 PM

Which trash are you looking in? Deletions in Photos are complex because of the iCloud library and the necessity of syncing across devices. Items are first added to a Recently Delete folder on the left hand pane and then deleted permanently later

3 replies

Feb 3, 2022 4:26 PM in response to Yer_Man

I use the main trash icon on the left pane. I don't use iCloud for storing photos, and just where is this as you describe the Recently Delete Folder??? Or do I have to create a folder first and then delete it? It seems that I have quite of bit of photos and videos which I also believe ??? there are several duplicates within my documents folder.

Is there any means of finding duplicate both photo and video files other than 3rd party s/w?

Photo Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.