Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Harassing Phone Call

I keep getting a call from “NO CALLER ID”. When they finally speak and won’t tell me who they are I hang up. Tonight they called several times. Now if it had a number I could block it. Other than ignoring it is there a way to block this caller?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 6:23 AM

Report it to your service provider immediately. They should have a facility to register calls you identify as nuisance calls with a view to taking that evidence to the police, and they can also identify the caller following a lawful request for information by law enforcement officers. There will be a threshold to pass to define a nuisance; several in one evening should qualify.

The calls you describe are coming from a fixed phone, which in many territories by default has no caller ID, or a mobile phone with call ID turned off.

Also, keep a record of the calls both on paper and on your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2022 6:23 AM in response to SybilKay

Report it to your service provider immediately. They should have a facility to register calls you identify as nuisance calls with a view to taking that evidence to the police, and they can also identify the caller following a lawful request for information by law enforcement officers. There will be a threshold to pass to define a nuisance; several in one evening should qualify.

The calls you describe are coming from a fixed phone, which in many territories by default has no caller ID, or a mobile phone with call ID turned off.

Also, keep a record of the calls both on paper and on your iPhone.

Harassing Phone Call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.