You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage full on ios 15

I’ve available space, but it shows a warning stating that storage is full and can’t download apps or take photos. I have ios 15. Tried deleting apps but the message is still there

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 4:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 8:33 AM

I would personally do it this way...

Backup, DFU, and restore

(1)How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) DFU

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201263

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

6 replies

Feb 8, 2022 4:47 AM in response to LD150

Well, problem escalated very fast.

After attempting restarting, got some issues with app icons not showing up. I guess that was because iOS thought that actually there wasn't any space available. I've an iphone XR 128GB (I didn't mention it before)

I've tried to make a backup, but the phone showed a black screen with the loading icon in white. It became unresponsive, and restarted itself.

When restarted, I can see the lock screen, but the camera icon is grayed out and I can't access it. When I try to unlock, the black screen appears again and it reboots again. This is a loop and I can't get over it. Between unlocking and rebooting I have around 1 minute where phone data is accessible through 3rd party.

My first problem is to try to recover files (My previous backup dates from Sept 21) and I've some important files there (Videos mostly). TLDR, started using an app to attempt download files when the phone is unlocking. I Can do it in burst (5 or 6 videos each time), so eventually will get to download everything.

But I've realized that itunes shows the correct storage size, but the app I'm using shows that only 16MB are available, which makes me think, the storage available size is stored somewhere and I would need to update that in order to gain control again on the phone. Any ideas on how to update that? or other solution to this?.

Storage full on ios 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.