Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Face ID malfunctioning

Face ID or phone compromised?

Just want to report that my face Id stops working on my iPhone 12 several times per day. I just stops and I have to enter the secure code to open the phone. It has happened too many time already, and once open the app it will not even work to reseat the face. Is this a safety issue? I noticed (often enough to be concerned) that cars are stopped near and facing my residence when these malfunctions occur. Is my phone being hacked at these times, and that is why I cannot use the face id to open my phone, or the face Id is having problems? please advise.

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 12:42 PM

Hello rj000,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about FaceId not working on your iPhone. We're happy to help by looking into this more! 

The following support article provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior:

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 12:42 PM in response to rj000

Hello rj000,

Thanks for reaching out to us in Apple Support Communities about FaceId not working on your iPhone. We're happy to help by looking into this more! 

The following support article provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior:

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Hope this helps.

Best Regards.

Feb 5, 2022 12:56 PM in response to c_luc9

I have had this iPhone for 2 years. One morning I woke up and got a message that Face ID had been disabled. I called the Support line and then visited my local Apple store.

I was told the Face ID was broken and for $800 I could get a new phone. I cannot believe a

$1200.00 won’t last longer than 2 years. This is my 5th iPhone and I have never had any trouble before. The technician in the store as well as the Bell sales representative said they had never seen this before. He told me I was throwing the phone around. I am 73 years old and don’t throw things.

I find this totally unacceptable and would like to talk to or email with someone in authority at Apple.

let me know if anyone has this same problem…….

Apple Face ID malfunctioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.