Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad stopped syncing mail with iPhone and MacBook Pro

I have an older iPad Air that used to sync mail with my iPhone XS and my MacBook Pro. Not my MacBook Pro and iPhone syncs, but not my iPad. If I delete mail on my iPhone, it automatically deletes on my MacBook Pro and vise-versa, but not with my iPad. Now I have to go in and delete my mail separately on my iPad. How to I get all three to sync. It's a pain having to delete the same mail twice.

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 3:20 PM

Hi Bvwilliams,

We see you have multiple devices with an email account that originally synced across all of the devices, however the iPad Air no longer syncs.

To clarify, have you tried removing that account from the iPad and then re-adding it? You can do so under Settings > Mail > Accounts. Tap on the account you want to remove, then Delete Account.

After that, add it back. If it still won't sync properly, we'd recommend contacting your mail provider to see if there's any sort of limitation on the account, or a setting that needs to be enabled in webmail, etc.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 3:20 PM in response to Bvwilliams

Hi Bvwilliams,

We see you have multiple devices with an email account that originally synced across all of the devices, however the iPad Air no longer syncs.

To clarify, have you tried removing that account from the iPad and then re-adding it? You can do so under Settings > Mail > Accounts. Tap on the account you want to remove, then Delete Account.

After that, add it back. If it still won't sync properly, we'd recommend contacting your mail provider to see if there's any sort of limitation on the account, or a setting that needs to be enabled in webmail, etc.

Take care.

iPad stopped syncing mail with iPhone and MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.