Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suggestd quit unexpectedly - FIXED

[2012 Mini and MBP, OS 10.14.6 - Mojave]

Recently (2022) I started getting repeated "Suggestd quit unexpectedly" alerts and finally found a fix that actually worked.

Backed up my drive first (as always)

then went to:

System Settings > iCloud

unselected all the app syncing (except I left iCloud Drive and Photos as they were)

then clicked "Sign Out"

I got a window asking - Do you want to keep a copy of your iCloud data on this Mac before signing out? I unselected the icon(s) and then the button changed to say "continue" instead of "Keep a copy" - I clicked "continue" - and after a bit of lalala time the window disappeared and I was signed out.

[you might choose to "keep a copy" - this would save a copy of your iCloud data to your drive]

I then Restarted the computer and signed back into my iCloud account. The Apps were already selected for iCloud syncing - but I audited/unselected a few unused apps. Meanwhile the computer downloaded/sync'd the iCloud data it needed to store locally. This took a while on my rural internet @23Mb/s. Maybe this would take less time if I chose "Keep a copy" earlier in the operation? I don't know.

In any case... I have had no "Suggestd quit unexpectedly" alerts since trying this work-around.

:-s

MacBook Pro 17″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 3:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 7:44 PM

Tried so many fixes and they all failed until I tried your solution. So far so good! it's been a number of days and I'm very grateful.

No more annoying pop ups interrupting my work. Thank you so much!

Similar questions

2 replies

Suggestd quit unexpectedly - FIXED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.