Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long does Macbook pro recognize battery charging pattern and start holding the charge? "Optimized battery charging" seems not working

When I first received and used my Macbook Pro 16inches (M1 Pro), the laptop was able to easily recognize my daily charging routine and place a hold on the battery charges.

After using the laptop with the battery/charger for couple days, I plugged it back in and hook it with a monitor, it charges back to 100%, which I think was normal.

But after 1 week of plugged in, the system seemed not to recognize my charging pattern and still charges until 100%. I tried disable the "Optimized battery charging" feature and then enable again. It seem to not work.

So how long does the laptop need to learn my charging routine so that it wouldn't fully charge?

Is there any way to work around to let the system to learn faster?

Thank you in advance!

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 4:06 PM

Patterns can be "within a day", "over 3 days", "over a week", etc. Also you can change your patterns for a vacation or a few days sick at home. Optimize has to look long-term, my guess, not just 1 or 2 days.

Similar questions

1 reply

How long does Macbook pro recognize battery charging pattern and start holding the charge? "Optimized battery charging" seems not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.