Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data usage

Why am I using mobile data at the same time every day, when I'm not using my phone at those times? Every day at 6:48 am and 6:48 pm, my usage log says im using mobile data but I am never on my phone that early in the morning. And in the evening im connected to my wifi. These usages are pushing me over my limit every month and therefor costing me money.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 8:00 PM

You can find out what's using cellular data. There can be lots of things in the background that do it.

You can see what it is with Settings > Cellular. At the bottom it will show the cellular data usage for each app since the last time "Reset Statistics" was done. You can individually turn off cellular data to each app there, or separately at the bottom of Settings by tapping on each displayed app and sliding Cellular Data to off (white).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2022 8:00 PM in response to Maggiegize1

You can find out what's using cellular data. There can be lots of things in the background that do it.

You can see what it is with Settings > Cellular. At the bottom it will show the cellular data usage for each app since the last time "Reset Statistics" was done. You can individually turn off cellular data to each app there, or separately at the bottom of Settings by tapping on each displayed app and sliding Cellular Data to off (white).

Data usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.