Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get the universal connection to work on my MacBook pro M1 and my 2018. When I tried following the instructions I found online, Ii realised my display settings does not have an Advanced setting and my iPad Pro does not have the cursor and key

I cannot get the universal connection to work on my MacBook pro M1 and my 2018. When I tried following the instructions I found online, Ii realised my display settings does not have an Advanced setting and my iPad Pro does not have the cursor and keyboard options. I do not find the option in the image below on my screen.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 11:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 11:41 PM

Universal Control is not a released feature as of today. It is scheduled to be release during Spring 2022. This is the reason you are not seeing the pertaining buttons on your iPad and your MacBook Pro.

Currently, the Universal Control feature is only on beta iOS versions.

Axel F.

1 reply

I cannot get the universal connection to work on my MacBook pro M1 and my 2018. When I tried following the instructions I found online, Ii realised my display settings does not have an Advanced setting and my iPad Pro does not have the cursor and key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.