Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ensuring hard drive has been cleared

i have just sold my laptop and if i have cleared my harddrive and reinstalled the software will the photos that were on the computer and everything else prior to clearing it be deleted. i have sold the laptop so wanting to make sure the photos especially will be gone from that device. it was a 2015 macbook air

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 2:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 4:12 AM

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

As for personal files and photos being gone - even of the next user was to take the computer to a Professional Data Recovery Company to try and get your files off the drive ( Very Very Expensive ) - because the computer has an SSD drive, these drives are know to be very very difficult to Salvage any meaningful Data off the drive.

The Professional Data Recovery Company would even tell this person before attempting the data recovery.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 4:12 AM in response to trelisee

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac

As for personal files and photos being gone - even of the next user was to take the computer to a Professional Data Recovery Company to try and get your files off the drive ( Very Very Expensive ) - because the computer has an SSD drive, these drives are know to be very very difficult to Salvage any meaningful Data off the drive.

The Professional Data Recovery Company would even tell this person before attempting the data recovery.

ensuring hard drive has been cleared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.