Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro (m1 2020) has 2 brighter spots than the rest of the screen

I recently discovered this about 2-3 weeks ago, didn't mind it much as I was busy and couldn't care about it at the time, however, now as I am free, its bugging me a lot especially on lighter colored apps such as google with a white background.

Even while writing this I discovered 2 bright spots on the display.

All my macbook has is the limited warranty, funnily enough, till feb 23 this year. Is there a possibility for them to fix this at no extra cost?

It is not as obvious on darker areas of the screen, when something is darker or just not a white background it tends to blend in more and not be as obvious.

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 12:21 PM

This is a User-to-User forum. Apple decision-makers do not visit here.

In general, decisions about whether screen problems count as a defect, fixable under warranty, are made that the genius bar of an Apple-owned store, [your appointment for evaluation is free], or at an Apple-Authorized Service Provider [evaluation charge may apply, but if they perform services, you can ask for rebate of the evaluation charge], by making an appointment for an in-person evaluation of your display.

Get Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 12:21 PM in response to not_octavian

This is a User-to-User forum. Apple decision-makers do not visit here.

In general, decisions about whether screen problems count as a defect, fixable under warranty, are made that the genius bar of an Apple-owned store, [your appointment for evaluation is free], or at an Apple-Authorized Service Provider [evaluation charge may apply, but if they perform services, you can ask for rebate of the evaluation charge], by making an appointment for an in-person evaluation of your display.

Get Support

My Macbook Pro (m1 2020) has 2 brighter spots than the rest of the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.