Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to delete apps from my phone not just from Home Screen.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 4:42 PM

the Related Article at the top of the page tells you how to delete apps.

the link is also below

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

• You can delete an app from your Home Screen by tap/hold on the app icon, when the menu pops up, select Remove App, then in the subsequent menu select Delete App
  • You can delete an app from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App.
  • You can delete an app by navigating to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] scroll all the way down to the bottom and select Delete App.

If you are unable to delete apps with any of these methods, check:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

make sure that's set to 'Allow'

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2022 4:42 PM in response to 8y6pop

the Related Article at the top of the page tells you how to delete apps.

the link is also below

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

• You can delete an app from your Home Screen by tap/hold on the app icon, when the menu pops up, select Remove App, then in the subsequent menu select Delete App
  • You can delete an app from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App.
  • You can delete an app by navigating to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] scroll all the way down to the bottom and select Delete App.

If you are unable to delete apps with any of these methods, check:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

make sure that's set to 'Allow'

Feb 6, 2022 1:40 PM in response to 8y6pop

Incorrect. That IS how you delete apps from your iPhone.

If one of those 3 methods above doesn't delete the app from your iPhone, then you are not following the instructions properly.

Unless you have some other details to add. Error message of some sort?

When you say the app is still on your iPhone, where are you finding it?

If you are expecting the App Store not to show the download option, that is completely different.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.