Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 7 Voicemail drops off watch phone app

I have an Apple Watch 7 GPS + Cellular and iPhone12 Pro on Verizon. All OS are up to date. If I restart my phone, the Voicemail button disappears from the Watch phone app. If I remove the SIM card and replace it, the button immediately re-appears and will remain there and operational until the phone is restarted again. Then it is gone again. I have tried "re-pairing" the watch and getting a new SIM card from VZ. Any ideas?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Feb 5, 2022 4:25 PM

16 replies

Feb 6, 2022 2:25 PM in response to Pdub58

Hello Pdub58,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like the Voicemail disappears on the Phone app on your Apple Watch when you restart your iPhone. You’ve taken some excellent steps so far, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

Just to confirm, Can you tell us which iOS, and watchOS versions are running on your iPhone, and Apple Watch respextively?

Do you have any available carrier updates? Please check this out:

Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad

Also, if you haven't already, try to Reset your Network Settings as follows:

Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Feb 8, 2022 7:08 AM in response to Pdub58

Thank you for that. I do not see a voicemail button on my Series 6 either, after deliberately leaving a voicemail and leaving it in the notification center. I am on AT&T.

To let Apple know about this problem, use the feedback link, www.apple.com/feedback/ and you can choose bug as a reasoning. Explain in as much detail as you can. Apple does not generally respond to feedback, but they do read all of the reports.

Mar 2, 2022 10:59 AM in response to Pdub58

ok, hopefully trying to get others to see this post, check their watches to see if this is going on with theirs, btw i am on 12 pro, 15.3.1

series 7, 8.4.2

here are pics, the first shows the voicemail button there, the 2nd shows after i reboot the phone, notice the voicemail button is GONE. all i do is wit the the phone on, pop out the sim tray, then pop it back in, and voila, the voicemail button reappears!!

Feb 7, 2022 5:03 PM in response to ryane77

The watch is only 10 days old and is running 8.4.1. The iPhone 12 Pro is running 15.3. Carrier settings are up to date. I went to Apple store yesterday and the genius has an AW 7 on T-Mobile with eSim. Same thing happened to him. He thinks his voicemail button might reappear after a while, but it didn't while I was there. Mine never comes back until I pop out the SIM card and re-insert. Back instantly. The button also remains present and functional with the phone off. I think it has something to do with the boot sequence of the phone IOS. I know Apple will not consider this to be acceptable. Some of us older people still use phones and voicemail! BTW, I love the watch in spite of this minor inconvenience. Thanks.

Feb 7, 2022 5:52 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Popping the physical Sim of the restarted iPhone out and putting it back in will make the voicemail button on the Apple Watch reappear. If you have a physical Sim, try it. You may be surprised! If you restart the phone again, the voicemail button on the watch will be gone again and the only way to get it back is to pop out the Sim card and put it back in.

Feb 7, 2022 8:10 PM in response to Pdub58

Thank you, I have the eSIM activated on my device. Can you provide a screenshot of where this voicemail button appears without showing any personal information? I would appreciate my being able to look. When I purposely made a call to my phone and let it go to voicemail, I got the notification about the voicemail on my Apple Watch, but that was available in my Notifications screen. Thank you for your info, that helps me try and get more information about how/why this happens and if it affects other carriers besides Verizon, which affects you.

Feb 23, 2022 7:25 PM in response to Pdub58

The same thing is going on with me.. series 7, 12 pro.

software updated to current updates.

I just did the SIM card take out and then reinstalled and guess what, voicemail icon back on my watch.

this is ridiculous!!!

I was gonna do the whole unpairing and re pair the Watch, but I suppose no need. I would bet the only we can do is wait for an apple fix..

ugh…. Apple is getting really disappointing

Feb 24, 2022 9:00 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I have already done this. It’s unfortunate that this seems to be the only place where this bug is discussed. I have had an Apple Watch since series 3, an iPhone since the original iPhone. All the bugs on these devices that I found, I have been able to search google and find others with the same issues. An apple update eventually has fixed these bugs. This one here I just happened to stumble across may be a few weeks ago.. maybe more peopl have it but just haven’t come across it yet. None the less, it’s disappointing that this bug hasn’t been addressed. I’ll just have to keep being patient hoping apple corrects. It does seem strange that removing the SIM card and putting it back in solves the problem until the next phone reboot. So could this be a carrier issue? I just know I called Verizon and they weren’t helpful at all.

Apple Watch 7 Voicemail drops off watch phone app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.