Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

02 charged me for unauthorised itunes purchases

Minor purchased items on iTunes without parent authorisation. This was added to O2 phone bill. How do I apply for a refund? I have contacted O2, they are sending me to Apple. I can not see these purchases in my history on my Apple account as it was all billed to O2 and then they have billed me. I am stuck

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 8:24 AM

It sounds as though you have set the mobile contract asa payment method

Go to Settings, tap your Apple ID banner at the top of the screen, Payment & Shipping, and remove Mobile Phone from the payment methods and add a credit card.

As far as a refund is concerned this Apple support Billing Article should answer your question.

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

Also

reportaproblem.apple.com.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2022 8:24 AM in response to Zachem

It sounds as though you have set the mobile contract asa payment method

Go to Settings, tap your Apple ID banner at the top of the screen, Payment & Shipping, and remove Mobile Phone from the payment methods and add a credit card.

As far as a refund is concerned this Apple support Billing Article should answer your question.

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

Also

reportaproblem.apple.com.

Feb 6, 2022 8:28 AM in response to Zachem

I might add

go to Settings, tap your Apple ID banner at the top of the screen, tap Media and Purchases. Password settings and set to always require password fir all purchases.

NB if your child knows your password then you have authorised them in law, like having the key to the gun cupboard.

02 charged me for unauthorised itunes purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.