Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trade-in

I had to replace an iPad Pro with 70% battery efficiency on Friday at BestBuy. How can I get money (and where to send) for my old iPad Pro device (this includes a pencil and power chargers (Lightning) [including vehicle] since the new iPad Air [4Gen] uses USB-C)? TIA for solid advice. BTW, BestBuy sales person did not offer any trade-in option. I was there to get my battery replaced, When I scheduled with Geek Squad, I was told they had the battery on site - I specifically asked - and replacement would take 20 minutes. Upon arrival, I was told that it would take a minimum of 2 weeks and would have to be sent to an Apple repair location out of state. The sales person knew I had my iPad Pro in hand...I showed it to him. TIA for solid advice.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 1:16 PM

If you have a local Apple store, they can assist you.

This link provides details to do on-line:

https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in

Be advised, trade-in is only for iPad. Apple will take

accessories for recycling but no credit is given for such items.

You may wish to sell them privately to recover some of what

you spend on them.

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 6, 2022 1:21 PM in response to ttrenchj

You would have to disclose the battery problem (if that is the one you want to trade in); and, make sure you take pics of its condition before sending it off. In most locations, Apple uses a third party company for trade ins and they will make the final determination of how much to offer for that trade in.

Trade-in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.