Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri

Siri periodically loses the ability to tell me the temperature in my house. (We use Hive), If I ask “What temperature is the home/house/zone1/living room etc” it responds “what temperature would you…”. All is correct in the home app

It hasn’t worked for a few weeks now, all rebooted and up to date. Any ideas?

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 6, 2022 10:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 8:12 PM

Hi Foodster,

-if you try using Siri with your iPhone (move far enough away from your HomePod), do you still have the same issue?

-If you initiate call with HomePod, does the far end of the call hear your voice without issue (this test is to check the microphone functionality in the HomePod).

Siri is not customizable that I know of.

Siri sometimes responds to voice commands when they are phrased differently. Try testing phrasing changes such as 'what is the temperature in my home" or What is my home's temperature".

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2022 8:12 PM in response to Froodster

Hi Foodster,

-if you try using Siri with your iPhone (move far enough away from your HomePod), do you still have the same issue?

-If you initiate call with HomePod, does the far end of the call hear your voice without issue (this test is to check the microphone functionality in the HomePod).

Siri is not customizable that I know of.

Siri sometimes responds to voice commands when they are phrased differently. Try testing phrasing changes such as 'what is the temperature in my home" or What is my home's temperature".

Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.