Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 Apple SIM CARD

Where can I buy an Apple SIM card? I need for my iPad Air 2 asap

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 7:50 AM

10 replies

Feb 7, 2022 8:14 AM in response to Mozart94

AppleSIM is a proprietary SIM card technology - that preceded the now ubiquitous eSIM technology now widely seen in both Apple and other manufacturers products.

To my knowledge, replacement AppleSIM cards are only available from Apple. If you don’t have access to an Apple Store in your country, you might reach out to Apple Support.

You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Further notes about AppleSIM can be found here:

Set up cellular data service on your Wi-Fi + Cellular model iPad - Apple Support

Feb 7, 2022 8:23 AM in response to Mozart94

As outlined, AppleSIM preceded eSIM as a remote SIM provisioning technology. Whilst you can add a cellular carrier plan with an appropriate physical carrier’s SIM, these do not provide the flexibility of remote service provisioning that you evidently seek.

Again, to my knowledge, Apple will not sell/supply products from one region/country to another. In absence of direct access to an Apple Store, you would be best advised to contact Apple Support.

iPad Air 2 Apple SIM CARD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.