Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently upgraded to ios Monterey. Several functions in iMovie no longer work as they did before.

I recently upgraded to ios Monterey. Several functions in iMovie no longer work

as they did before.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 11:48 AM

I don't run Monterey, so can't look for myself. You didn't describe in what way that the iMovie functions were different or whether they were intended differences or malfunctions.

However, if you haven't already done so update iMovie to current version.

Then do a delete preferences procedure. To delete preferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2022 11:48 AM in response to pmichaelbiggs

I don't run Monterey, so can't look for myself. You didn't describe in what way that the iMovie functions were different or whether they were intended differences or malfunctions.

However, if you haven't already done so update iMovie to current version.

Then do a delete preferences procedure. To delete preferences open iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your project.

-- Rich

I recently upgraded to ios Monterey. Several functions in iMovie no longer work as they did before.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.