New Compressor grrrr ... greyed out Inspector selections

A week of ten hour days editing, weary, need to output film with Compressor on a deadline. Just upgraded to Sonoma. I import my film into Compressor, select 'Video Sharing Services', choose Quicktime 4K ... and then over in the Inspector I can't change anything, all selections are greyed out. I don't remember this from the last time I used Compressor ... when I could choose the Quicktime 4K in Video Sharing Services and then tweak the output.

Can anyone tell me why my 'tweaking' selections are now greyed out in the Inspector of Compressor?

All ears, help!

Ben

MacBook Pro (2021)

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2023 6:25 PM

You haven’t applied the preset to the job. Drag the preset from the left pane into the job. Once it’s been applied to the job the settings can be altered in the inspector. You can’t change the Apple presets in the left pane. You can also change the custom presets you’ve created, which are often done by duplicating an Apple preset to start and adjusting it in the inspector.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2023 6:25 PM in response to Ben Low

You haven’t applied the preset to the job. Drag the preset from the left pane into the job. Once it’s been applied to the job the settings can be altered in the inspector. You can’t change the Apple presets in the left pane. You can also change the custom presets you’ve created, which are often done by duplicating an Apple preset to start and adjusting it in the inspector.

Oct 9, 2023 6:33 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Ha ha ha. Dumb. Thank you kindly Tom. I sometimes don't use Compressor for a few months, mmm, maybe even longer, when I'm out shooting a film. And mostly use FCPX for almost everything. So I'm super rusty every time I come to Compressor.

Thank you for your help. Very much appreciated. Saved my bacon.

All the best, Ben

New Compressor grrrr ... greyed out Inspector selections

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.