Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch says"Too Many Passcode Attempts"

I have not tried to input my passcode and I know my correct passcode however when I put my watch on this morning after charging it over night, it has this error message and will not let me enter the passcode. I can not find the way to reset the Apple Watch so I can re pair it to my iPhone. But the greater concern for me is why this happened in the first place since I didn't try to enter a passcode and it stayed all night light usual on the charger but now has this error.

Thanks.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Feb 7, 2022 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 3:40 AM

Thank you for the reply, however in the time I waited for a response I found a way to reset the watch and repair. I would still like an answer to my actual question though. What are some possible issues that caused this to happen in the first place for my watch to lock me out completely to the point of a full reset and re pair while it just rested in its charger over night with no attempts at entering a passcode. I did not forget my code nor did I try to enter it. I just don’t want this happening again with such a new watch. Thanks.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2022 3:40 AM in response to Community User

Thank you for the reply, however in the time I waited for a response I found a way to reset the watch and repair. I would still like an answer to my actual question though. What are some possible issues that caused this to happen in the first place for my watch to lock me out completely to the point of a full reset and re pair while it just rested in its charger over night with no attempts at entering a passcode. I did not forget my code nor did I try to enter it. I just don’t want this happening again with such a new watch. Thanks.

Feb 8, 2022 1:33 AM in response to Jnuck

From a web browser,sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.

Go to Find iPhone.

Click All Devices at the top of the screen.

Click your Apple Watch.

Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased.

Click Remove from Account.

Apple Watch says"Too Many Passcode Attempts"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.