Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need help to access my locked notes in my iphone. Tried to reset the password but it’ll only work on new notes.

I need help to access my locked notes in my iphone. Tried to reset the password but it’ll only work on new notes.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 8:53 AM

You’ll have to figure out the password you used.

“If you forgot your notes password

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.”

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205794

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2022 8:53 AM in response to _myy

You’ll have to figure out the password you used.

“If you forgot your notes password

To unlock a note, you need to enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. A new password will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password.”

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205794

i need help to access my locked notes in my iphone. Tried to reset the password but it’ll only work on new notes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.