Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I access a locked note on Iphone

I can't remember the password to one of my locked notes. Changing the password will only help in "future" locked notes. This seems crazy

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 7:10 AM

See -> How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

• Apple doesn't have access to locked notes and can't help you access them if you forget your Notes password. If you forget your Notes password, resetting the password won't give you access to previously locked notes. If you reset and then create a new Notes password, that will only allow you to lock other notes.

You will need to remember the original password or you won't be able to unlock the note.

You can change you Note password, but If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 7:10 AM in response to Koko321

See -> How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch

How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

• Apple doesn't have access to locked notes and can't help you access them if you forget your Notes password. If you forget your Notes password, resetting the password won't give you access to previously locked notes. If you reset and then create a new Notes password, that will only allow you to lock other notes.

You will need to remember the original password or you won't be able to unlock the note.

You can change you Note password, but If you forgot the password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes. You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes.

How can I access a locked note on Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.