Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i connect mac mini to iMAC 21.5 inch late 2013 and will it work as a newer MAC?

can i connect mac mini to iMAC 21.5 inch late 2013 and will it work as a newer MAC?

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 8:26 AM

15 replies

Feb 21, 2022 4:15 PM in response to Im_mad_jr4u

Im_mad_jr4u wrote:

1. I just purchased the Mac Mini and want to transfer my information/data from old iMAC (21.5 inch - Late 2013) to my new Mac Mini.
Please provide step by step instructions on how to transfer my data/inforamtion from the old iMAC to the new Mac Mini.
2. Please provide a list of the accessories required for the new Mac Mini.
3. Please provide a list of cables to connect the accessories.

Thanks
  1. Move your content to a new Mac - Apple Support
  2. Accessories like? You mean keyboard? Mouse? Monitor? Only you know what you have and what you need.
  3. Just the USB and HDMI cables that come with the accessories.

Feb 28, 2022 7:31 AM in response to Im_mad_jr4u

Open Apple Menu->About This Mac, click Storage to a see a break down of the usage. Click on Manage to get a more detailed breakdown.

You can click the buttons in the Recommendations section for automatic help. Or click the documents section or the "Review Files section" in Recommendations to get a list of files that are taking up the most space.

Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Feb 21, 2022 3:33 PM in response to woodmeister50

I just purchased the Mac Mini and want to transfer my information/data from old iMAC (21.5 inch - Late 2013) to my new Mac Mini.

1. Please provide step by step instructions on how to transfer my data/inforamtion from the old iMAC to the new Mac Mini.
  2. Please provide a list of the accessories required for the new Mac Mini.
  3. Please provide a list of cables to connect the accessories.

Thanks

Mar 9, 2022 3:14 PM in response to Phil0124

I was unable to access other storage via directions sent in previous replies. I beleive the directions provided do not apply to my MacOS. My MacOS Catalina.

1. If possible can you provide the direections to access other storqge for MAC OS Catalina?
  2. I changed my purchase to a higher Mac Mini and should receive tomorrow (3/10) and I am considering moving over a few items or applications from my old iMAC (21.5 inch - Late 2013) to my new Mac Mini, not 100% moving over. Can you provide me directions on how to move just selective items from the old iMac to the new Mac Mini as an example my Microsoft Office 2011?

Feb 23, 2022 9:47 AM in response to Phil0124

I am in the process of transferring my information from old old Mac to my new Mac Mini and taking a lot of time.

How can I speed up the transfer?

Can I connect directly from machine to machine instead going through the network?

Any issues to be aware if interrupting the transfer process?

the step that is showing on the Mac Mini is “Transferring your information, starting up…”

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.