Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has Private Relay prevented anyone from securely accessing the Schwab and/or StreetSmart platform?

Has Private Relay prevented anyone from securely accessing the Schwab and/or StreetSmart platform on the new MacBookPro M1Max?

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 2:22 PM

"If a website or network doesn’t work with Private Relay"

The above is one of the topics here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212614

As you've read this already, my only comment is PR seems to be an Apple proprietary VPN. My experience with VPNs is this is more common than they want to admit and often requires a different browser. Obviously, Apple is not wanting to suggest not using Safari. But when it happens to me, generally Firefox works.

My system shows PR to still be in Beta, and that usually means bugs.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2022 2:22 PM in response to ACOM2567

"If a website or network doesn’t work with Private Relay"

The above is one of the topics here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212614

As you've read this already, my only comment is PR seems to be an Apple proprietary VPN. My experience with VPNs is this is more common than they want to admit and often requires a different browser. Obviously, Apple is not wanting to suggest not using Safari. But when it happens to me, generally Firefox works.

My system shows PR to still be in Beta, and that usually means bugs.

Feb 22, 2022 9:01 PM in response to ACOM2567

I am adding this comment to notify other users of my experience: After the most recent OS updates on my phone, iPad and Mac, I was offered Private Relay and declined. I immediately noticed a very significant decrease in internet speeds on all devices. I ran internet speed tests on several web sites and it reported that my internet signal is being passed through iCloud Private Relay. I have PR disabled on all my devices yet it is still showing up in the path during speed tests, rerouting traffic through its IP address. I find this very interesting and am very suspicious as to whether or not this is the cause of my internet slowdowns.

Has Private Relay prevented anyone from securely accessing the Schwab and/or StreetSmart platform?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.