Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when transfer reaach 931065 files proces hung up each time when I try to migrate data.

How I can migrate from one mac to new one in this case?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 11:52 AM

7 replies

Feb 8, 2022 12:04 PM in response to sagacz

It can take up to several hours for Migration Assistant to complete depending on how you're connecting the two computers.

I'd try starting your old Mac in Target Disk Mode, and then using Migration Assistant.

Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode

If you have two Mac computers with USB, USB-C, or Thunderbolt ports, you can connect them so that one of them appears as an external hard disk on the other. This is called target disk mode.

Note: If either of the computers has macOS 11 or later installed, you must connect the two computers using a Thunderbolt cable.

1. Connect the two computers with a USB, USB-C, or Thunderbolt cable.
  2. On the Mac you want to use as the external disk in target disk mode, do one of the following:
    • If the computer is off, start it up while pressing and holding the T key.
  • If the computer is on, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Startup Disk , then click Target Disk Mode.
    • When the computer has started up, a disk icon appears on the desktop of the other computer.

Then run Migration Assistant on the new computer only, and it should see your old Mac as a drive.

when transfer reaach 931065 files proces hung up each time when I try to migrate data.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.