Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Monterey update, three processes taking 98% CPU each

I just updated my Catalina iMac 5K to the latest Monterey. After booting up, I noticed the fan noise. I checked Activity Monitor and there are three processes that are taking 98% of the CPU each: AgentPackageMonitoring, XprotectService, syspolicyd. I've attached a screenshot.

Any fix for this bug?

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

7 replies

Feb 8, 2022 2:01 PM in response to tallscot

tallscot wrote:

I just updated my Catalina iMac 5K to the latest Monterey. After booting up, I noticed the fan noise. I checked Activity Monitor and there are three processes that are taking 98% of the CPU each: AgentPackageMonitoring, XprotectService, syspolicyd. I've attached a screenshot.

Any fix for this bug?

Thanks!
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/c9dad464-1cad-4365-9137-6d1091ac09aa

" I just updated my Catalina iMac 5K " - and give it some time as in hours or a day to re-index all the changes. And the length of time may be more depending on the amount of Data is on the drive.

Especially with the jump from Catalina macOS 10.15 directly to Monterey macOS 12

After Monterey update, three processes taking 98% CPU each

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.