Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music with Family Sharing activated, but my wife's iPhone 12 SE does not see my library or play lists. How do I make this happen?

Apple Music with Family Sharing activated, but my wife's iPhone 12 SE does not see my library or play lists. How do I make this happen?

iPhone SE

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 2:43 PM

If it is music that you purchased from the iTunes Store, then make sure purchase sharing is turned on:L

How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

If it is music that you lease with an Apple Music Family subscription, then everyone in the family gets their own music library. There is no way to share those libraries. However, you can still share playlists (which are just the names if the songs):

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2022 2:43 PM in response to yaz1967

If it is music that you purchased from the iTunes Store, then make sure purchase sharing is turned on:L

How to share purchases with your family - Apple Support

If it is music that you lease with an Apple Music Family subscription, then everyone in the family gets their own music library. There is no way to share those libraries. However, you can still share playlists (which are just the names if the songs):

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.