Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need os Monterey (software 10.14) for my new printer. I have 10.13.6

I needed a new printer. Bought new (HP Deskjet 2700 All In One). printer requires 10.14 software I cannot get the 10.14 on my iMac (2014)...suggestions?

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 7:26 AM

Hi,

You may want to check whether the macOS 10.14 requirement is absolute. A printer manufacturer may supply extra software, not immediately needed for printing, with higher system requirements (for setup, ink management, and similar purposes). For instance, a manual setup could mean that an earlier operating system may be used.

In this case, macOS 13 can be selected on the HP printer driver downloads page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-2700-all-in-one-printer-series/29378157

Also, an HP DeskJet 2700 All-In-One Printer is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model with support for the driverless AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled model can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network (router). Usually, the lowest possible Mac OS X version for AirPrint would be 10.7 Lion.

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 7:26 AM in response to Knzi

Hi,

You may want to check whether the macOS 10.14 requirement is absolute. A printer manufacturer may supply extra software, not immediately needed for printing, with higher system requirements (for setup, ink management, and similar purposes). For instance, a manual setup could mean that an earlier operating system may be used.

In this case, macOS 13 can be selected on the HP printer driver downloads page:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-2700-all-in-one-printer-series/29378157

Also, an HP DeskJet 2700 All-In-One Printer is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model with support for the driverless AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled model can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network (router). Usually, the lowest possible Mac OS X version for AirPrint would be 10.7 Lion.

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

i need os Monterey (software 10.14) for my new printer. I have 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.