Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps are avoiding highways

On my new iPhone 13 Pro, Maps are avoiding highways. For the route that usually takes me about 2.5 hours drive, it defaults to the route (to the same place) that takes about 4 hours drive. I haven't had these issues with my last iPhone. I have the latest and greatest(?) software version (15.3) and "Avoid Highway and Tolls" option is DISABLED. Please help, Maps are literally unusable in this state.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 2:10 PM

Felina516,

First restart your device. Next make sure that once you click on your destination, scroll down and make sure that Tolls and Highways are switched off. If the issue persists contact Apple Support using the link bellow.

Good Luck,

Adin F. https://support.apple.com

7 replies

Feb 9, 2022 8:41 AM in response to Felina516

Not sure what the deal is with your setup, but I've got iOS 15.3 and I have the option to separately turn on/off whether or not to avoid Tolls/Highways is there. Do you have a screenshot of what it looks like where it's not allowing you to turn off avoid highways? You can capture a photo and then post it here with that little icon on the bottom that shows mountains.

Are you using Apple Maps or is this a different app? Because with Apple Maps, the place to choose is in Settings > Maps > Driving.

Maps are avoiding highways

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.