Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to lock mac with apple watch

so i have a really big problem... i can unlock my mac with my apple watch but once it is unlocked it can't be locked with my watch. it is very very VERY unsettling while others can use my mac without me knowing. SOLVE THIS PROBLEM PLEASE!!!???!!!??<3

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 8

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 4:08 PM

The Watch is not designed to lock your Mac, just unlock it. There is nothing to solve. If you are going to walk away from the Mac, lock it and no one else will be able to use it. It won't unlock from someone else's Watch, just yours.

3 replies

Feb 8, 2022 3:59 PM in response to samkonaj

I don't own a Mac, so I don't honestly know if it's supposed to lock a Mac after it unlocked a Mac, but you are NOT writing Apple. You are writing only other users on this user to user only forum. Asking us to fix anything will get you nothing. No one here works for Apple.

Either use the Get Support button at the top of this page to ask Apple for help with this. Or if it's not actually supposed to lock your Mac, let Apple know your thoughts via this link --> Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

how to lock mac with apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.