Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saved screenshots unable to be removed from screen.

I saw this question in the community dated 2018 but it wasnt well answered. I am not going to turn off my laptop every time just to get out of this scenario. I cannot delete the screenshot from my screen and also it doesnt save in the file. I can add it to an email or a post or put it into photos but it cant be moved off the screen. It stays there even when the rest of the screen items are removed. Please help?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 6:56 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Sometimes using the Escape key will delete the screenshot for the screen when it does not automatically go away it is doubtful effect writing the screenshot to File.

The default location for screenshots is the desktop but it can be changed.

you can change the default location of saved screenshots from the Options menu in the Screenshot app. You can also drag the thumbnail to a folder or document.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 6:56 AM in response to angiek16

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Sometimes using the Escape key will delete the screenshot for the screen when it does not automatically go away it is doubtful effect writing the screenshot to File.

The default location for screenshots is the desktop but it can be changed.

you can change the default location of saved screenshots from the Options menu in the Screenshot app. You can also drag the thumbnail to a folder or document.

Saved screenshots unable to be removed from screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.