Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage full and iPhone stuck on apple logo

My iPhone stuck on the Apple logo due to storage full. I connected to iTunes in recovery mode and clicked update and the software is downloaded but couldn't update because of storage was full. Is there any way to open my phone without losing my data? I have not backed up the data.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 8, 2022 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 12:32 AM

I tried the above ways too but was not successful. My issue here is that my iPhone is storage full and before I could back up the data, it went off. And it turns on and off. I connected to iTunes and clicked the update button and the software was downloaded but could not update and shows the following error message:

"The iPhone could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (1110)"

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2022 12:32 AM in response to 1ssmith

I tried the above ways too but was not successful. My issue here is that my iPhone is storage full and before I could back up the data, it went off. And it turns on and off. I connected to iTunes and clicked the update button and the software was downloaded but could not update and shows the following error message:

"The iPhone could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (1110)"

Feb 9, 2022 2:23 PM in response to yeshey1986

Hello yeshey1986,

It sounds like your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo as it is out of storage and updating it didn't help. 

Your related article If your iPhone won't turn on or is frozen is the best one to follow. 

• Be sure that the update finished. If it took "more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode. Repeat steps 2-4." When it updates the iPhone, you should see the Apple logo with a progress bar on the screen of your phone. 

When it comes to restoring your iPhone, if you log into iCloud.com, anything you see here can sync back to your iPhone. If you had an iCloud or a computer backup, that can be restored on your iPhone as well Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

As it shows under "If you need more help" in the original article, you can Contact Apple Support or use this Get Support link for assistance. 

Hope this information helps. 

Have a good day. 

Feb 15, 2022 9:21 AM in response to yeshey1986

yeshey1986,

Unfortunately, there is not a way to backup when your iPhone is not able to start up all the way. See How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with your Mac.

• If you already had iCloud Backup turned on, as the iPhone tries to automatically backup everyday (when it can start up all the way) you might have a recent backup.
  • If you backup using a computer, you can see the lat backup in Finder or iTunes.
  • If you use iCloud, you can look to see what was syncing (different than backing up) by logging into iCloud.com from a web browser.

Best regards.

Storage full and iPhone stuck on apple logo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.