Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan reinstall problem

Hi, I've got 2 MacBooks, One is on Air (2017) with Monterey and another one is Pro (2008). I'm trying to reinstall El Capitan OS on old one, but MacBook Air didn't allow me to use El Capitan.app to make it. Is there any other way to create USB Stick? I changed old HDD on MB Pro to new blank SSD.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 12:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 12:34 AM

Your MacBook Pro (2008) is compatible with Max OS X Leopard 10.5.6 through OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. Your MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017) is compatible with macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and later. Here are some articles that may help.

If you are unable to create a bootable installer, you can obtain an install disc of Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3, install a clean copy of 10.6.3, update to 10.6.8, and then upgrade to 10.11.6. Apple Retail or an Apple Authorized Service Provider may be able to help. Contact Apple Support for further assistance.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 12:34 AM in response to JmkG01

Your MacBook Pro (2008) is compatible with Max OS X Leopard 10.5.6 through OS X El Capitan 10.11.6. Your MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017) is compatible with macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and later. Here are some articles that may help.

If you are unable to create a bootable installer, you can obtain an install disc of Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3, install a clean copy of 10.6.3, update to 10.6.8, and then upgrade to 10.11.6. Apple Retail or an Apple Authorized Service Provider may be able to help. Contact Apple Support for further assistance.

El Capitan reinstall problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.