Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac

I got an iMac yesterday but it came to me in recovery mode and no way to get out of it. It needs an update but I have tried everything to install OS X El Capitan and have also tried high sierra but no hard drive is showing up and have Googled everything possible like command+R tried resetting everything but I’m getting no where. Every site I go on just says the same thing re install Mac OS but it just won’t

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 3:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 4:27 AM

It sounds like you bought a used Mac and it wasn't properly prepared for resale.

To remedy this situation, you need to deal with the reseller you bought it from. If you bought it from Apple, same response, get in touch with Apple (Apple Store?) as new Macs, or Apple refurbished Macs, are not supposed to be shipped in that condition.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 4:27 AM in response to bryony19

It sounds like you bought a used Mac and it wasn't properly prepared for resale.

To remedy this situation, you need to deal with the reseller you bought it from. If you bought it from Apple, same response, get in touch with Apple (Apple Store?) as new Macs, or Apple refurbished Macs, are not supposed to be shipped in that condition.

iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.