Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop not working anymore with my iphone

Hi guys,

I'm using a lot airdrop for years to transfer screenshots or pictures from my Iphone X (15.3) to my Macbook. I have a new MacBook Pro 2021 running on big sur 11.6

But I cannot transfer files from my phone anymore. My Iphone do not find my MacBook.

Strange facts,

I can transfer from my laptop to my iphone... And I can transfer from my iphone to any other iOs device

Did anybody face the same issue?

Thank you for your help

Thomas

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 6:14 PM

Upgrade to macOS Big Sur version 11.6.3 if you have any pending updates install them.

You should check the following:

• iPhone & Mac both have bluetooth turned on and both on the same WiFi network
  • Go to Airdrop in Finder and set the list to Allow me to be discovered by contacts

Consider upgrading to Monterey 12.2 as it pairs better with iOS 15.3. Make a backup of your system first if you choose to upgrade to Monterey at this time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 6:14 PM in response to thomasbtm

Upgrade to macOS Big Sur version 11.6.3 if you have any pending updates install them.

You should check the following:

• iPhone & Mac both have bluetooth turned on and both on the same WiFi network
  • Go to Airdrop in Finder and set the list to Allow me to be discovered by contacts

Consider upgrading to Monterey 12.2 as it pairs better with iOS 15.3. Make a backup of your system first if you choose to upgrade to Monterey at this time.

Airdrop not working anymore with my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.