Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since updating to 12.0 most of the time the pdf's I drag from an email to desktop become non functioning files?

NOTE: I copied this question from someone who posted it in December, but the thread was closed without any answer of value.

Since upgrading to 12.0 OS, most of the time when I drag a pdf from an email to my desktop, they become strange non-usable files. This has NEVER happened before. Is there anyway to avoid this?

1. I tried all of the basic troubleshooting steps including booting into safe mode; and
  2. YES I KNOW about the Save As Attachment workaround, but I would prefer to drag and drop the attachments as I have been doing for more than a decade.

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 1:34 PM

4 replies

Since updating to 12.0 most of the time the pdf's I drag from an email to desktop become non functioning files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.