Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music lost through Apple ID change

Hello I have a question. I got a new iPhone a lot of music that I had on my old iPhone was lost. I still have a lot of that old music on my iPad so I was wondering why some of it was lost. I know I have changed Apple ID in between the years but why is all the music on the iPad and only the most recent purchased on the new iPhone?

thAnks

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 12:35 PM

Hi Wrobby1208,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you are missing music after purchasing a new iPhone and using a new Apple ID.

Your purchases are not transferrable. If you purchased music using one Apple ID, you would not be able to transfer those purchases to a different Apple ID.

If you're unsure the music was purchased using a different Apple ID, you may be able to locate and download it again, following these steps: Redownload music

If the music was not purchased from iTunes, you would need to sync it to your iPhone using the computer the music is stored on.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2022 12:35 PM in response to Wrobby1208

Hi Wrobby1208,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you are missing music after purchasing a new iPhone and using a new Apple ID.

Your purchases are not transferrable. If you purchased music using one Apple ID, you would not be able to transfer those purchases to a different Apple ID.

If you're unsure the music was purchased using a different Apple ID, you may be able to locate and download it again, following these steps: Redownload music

If the music was not purchased from iTunes, you would need to sync it to your iPhone using the computer the music is stored on.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer

Cheers!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.