Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imassage stopped syncing on monterey 12.2

i got MBP 14, M1prp, 16ram, 10 cpu, 14 gpu.

i updated to Monterey OS few days ago, so now with version 12.2.

i also recently purchased iphone 13.

i synced my old MBP13 , late 2019, with the new MBP.

the issue i started to have is that imassages not syncing in the MBP 14.

i have tried most of the solutions on the web - sign in and out, restart, delete the icloud syn and re-enable it - on both iphone and MBP14, the imassages are selected to be forwarded to the MBP14 and yet still cannot get the phone to sync massages with the MBP14.

the facetime works, and before the update it seem to work as well.

also it does work with the MBP13 - the old one, but i will try to upgrade that one to the new monterey , so will see.

on thing to mention that seems odd, in the "text message forwarding" there are 3 options: my MBP 13, my new MBP 14, and another Mac (which is on the name of old user name of the new MBP14) - and i cannot seem to remove this entry from the list, but i do not include it in the forwarding)

desperate to find a solution,

please help!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 6:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 1:11 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Similar questions

1 reply

imassage stopped syncing on monterey 12.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.