Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I upgrade iMovie will I loose any of my current work?

I upgraded my Macbook pro to Big Sur (11.6.1) and when I try to open iMovie it tells me my current version of iMovie is not compatible and I am to download version 10.3.1, my question is will this effect my the iMoive projects I was currently working on? Any advise you can give before I install the 10.3.1 version would be so appreciated. Thanks !

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 8:13 PM

Updating iMovie 10 will not cause any loss of data. The projects and media are located in the iMovie library, not the iMovie app. Just don’t delete the library.

Of course, you can always backup the iMovie app on a separate drive if you want, although not necessary for updating purposes.

— Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 8:13 PM in response to karin164

Updating iMovie 10 will not cause any loss of data. The projects and media are located in the iMovie library, not the iMovie app. Just don’t delete the library.

Of course, you can always backup the iMovie app on a separate drive if you want, although not necessary for updating purposes.

— Rich

If I upgrade iMovie will I loose any of my current work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.