Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viewing videos in 4k on youtube

Hi everybody. I can't watch 4k videos in the YouTube app, it doesn't work in safari either, and unfortunately in Google chrome too. The VP9 codec was turned on in the safari settings , but it didn 't help . Help anyone who has encountered this .

iPad Pro 10.5 2017

ios 15.3

thx! ;)

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2022 10:50 PM

Jenia_prikhodko Said:

"Viewing videos in 4k on YouTube: Hi everybody. I can't watch 4k videos in the YouTube app, it doesn't work in safari either, and unfortunately in Google chrome too. The VP9 codec was turned on in the safari settings , but it didn 't help . Help anyone who has encountered this ."

-------

Yes. I have encountered this. I always refresh the page, and it plays, interestingly enough. So, refresh the page.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2022 10:50 PM in response to Jenia_prikhodko

Jenia_prikhodko Said:

"Viewing videos in 4k on YouTube: Hi everybody. I can't watch 4k videos in the YouTube app, it doesn't work in safari either, and unfortunately in Google chrome too. The VP9 codec was turned on in the safari settings , but it didn 't help . Help anyone who has encountered this ."

-------

Yes. I have encountered this. I always refresh the page, and it plays, interestingly enough. So, refresh the page.

Viewing videos in 4k on youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.