Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Terms and Conditions pop up has become just a bit irritating

Since Monterey the 'iCloud Terms and Conditions' dialogue has come up time after time. I have tried many ways of stopping it. I have lived with annoying interruptions every few minutes in presentations where it has popped up. I do not want iCloud. I originally had considered the pop up to be a question, but now it seems after months of bothering me, to be a demand that I will be haunted by it until I am forced against my wishes to agree to iCloud.

Please, Is there a process I am missing to stop this pop up?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 8:07 AM

I keep agreeing on the T&C and the pop-up wont go away

11 replies

May 27, 2022 8:35 AM in response to SirenDipity

Hi, i've had the same issue when upgrading to an Apple studio, from an Imac. On contacting Apple Support, is seems if you have a n Aplle based email i.e xyz@me.com, these have thier own Apple ID and password, so when propmted to add your password, check as to the actucsl email address the Icloud is aimed at, then if you do not have a password , make one in the forgotton password prompt and you'll find it creates an Icloud account for jusyt that password. Free of charge. The annoying promt then goes away.

Well it worked for me and now my computer has an icloud account and so does my @me.com email account.

Apple support were amazing and had I not used them i'd still be scratching my head and shouting at the screen.

Feb 10, 2022 1:12 PM in response to lllaass

Thank you for taking your time to reply.

I am signed into AppleID but do not want iCloud.

I am away from my MacBook and on iPad at the moment so I can’t remember the pop up.

However, it does have accept etc… all the pop up is visible.

Hypothetically the only way I can see to satisfy the pop up is to click to accept iCloud.

That is what I want to avoid and feel I am being forced to use iCloud.

Am I wrong in thinking that, is it safe to accept the terms without it automatically joining iCloud.

Mar 12, 2022 10:28 AM in response to SirenDipity

I think it's more than a bit irritating. I don't use the iCloud, and I don't want to sync anything. I don't see anyway around the annoying popups. Aside from a couple Macs I own no Apple products.

I'm quite annoyed with Apple. When Big Sur came out, I realized that I would soon have four obsolete Apple products on my hands.

One of these was the basic 2014 Mini and Apple allows me to put Big Sur on it, but it was a big mistake. As this machine comes with a whopping 4 gigs of memory, which is enough to run a browser with one or two tabs open. Anything more than that starts the thrashing. Life is too short. Of course, this Mini cannot be altered by me in any reasonable way, so I'm stuck with something of very limited use.

By accident, I upgraded the OS again to Monterrey, which largely seems like Big Sur except for the iCloud nonsense. I meant only to upgrade Safari. I thought I'd unchecked the OS, but I'm stuck. I either reinstall Catalina or Big Sur or wait till someone figures out a way around this.

I've already replaced a 2012 Mini that I kept on my desk with an impressive minipc that can be upgraded easily by me, and I put Windows11. To my surprise, it's not bad. I've hated the previous versions of Windows.

iCloud Terms and Conditions pop up has become just a bit irritating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.