Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with iCloud syncing after updating to MacOS Monterey

Good morning and hello!

I was wondering if anyone else had issues with iCloud syncing following an upgrade to MacOS Monterey. I have a 2020 MacBook air (M1). I also had noticed issues because able to connect with OneDrive as well, but that is not my main priority at the moment.

Every couple of days, I am finding iCloud stops syncing, so I must restart the computer. I am very frustrated. I do a lot of work between my laptop and my iPad and when things stop syncing, it messes up several things for me.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 9:31 AM

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 17, 2022 10:06 AM in response to lllaass

I do not believe this is a cache issue but a glitch in the software. After suffering with this issue for months, I was advised to delete all third party apps, VPN and to reinstall the software (Monterey) and still no change. Now after further testing it has to do with my download speed and the size of my data. Plus this problem is reported by others. If you're lucky to resolve the problem in the way you describe good luck, however it seems that the engineers may know about this issue. I've gone in iCloud.com deleted everything under the sun. I have downloaded files to my external hard drive so I can use my laptop. The laptop is basically dead because I cannot access the iCloud Drive files. If I download the files directly back to the laptop the Mac begins trying to upload the files and it is hung.

Feb 17, 2022 10:01 AM in response to MelRList

I've been suffering with this issue since the beginning of December. I did everything including a new installation of Monterey and deleting all third party apps and VPN. Last night after speaking to another senior Mac Book advisor and testing my download speed and looking at the data stored in iCloud.com we came to the conclusion that the data was too much for the download speed and it will take forever to get the data synced. She did say that she has seen reports that we are not the only ones experiencing this issue and we should hear from the engineers shortly. I have no idea what shortly means but for me I'm delaying the purchase of a new Mac Book Pro. I need to have this Mac Book synced so I can migrate the data to the new laptop.

Issues with iCloud syncing after updating to MacOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.