Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cable to use to migrate data from old I mac to new Mini

I bought a Thunderbolt cable thinking I could do a data transfer from my old I mac to my new Mac Mini.

I realized after trying to connect them that the Mini does not have a Thunderbolt port. I've tried to search for a solution and can't find anything. Can I buy one cable to connect the two or get an adapter to use with this Thunderbolt cable? Also looking for something inexpensive as I paid $20 just for the Thunderbolt cable alone.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 1:24 PM

The fastest and easiest way to Migrate from your old Mac to your new Mac, is to connect the old Mac's Time Machine backup to the new Mac during the initial setup. Another options is to use an Ethernet cable connection or WI-Fi, problem is Wi-Fi is not reliable and fails most of the time.

If you have already setup the new Mac, then Migrating from the old Mac will create a second User Account on the new Mac. Another option if you have already setup the new Mac, is to use File Sharing to bring over what you want from the old Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2022 1:24 PM in response to ronbrew

The fastest and easiest way to Migrate from your old Mac to your new Mac, is to connect the old Mac's Time Machine backup to the new Mac during the initial setup. Another options is to use an Ethernet cable connection or WI-Fi, problem is Wi-Fi is not reliable and fails most of the time.

If you have already setup the new Mac, then Migrating from the old Mac will create a second User Account on the new Mac. Another option if you have already setup the new Mac, is to use File Sharing to bring over what you want from the old Mac.

cable to use to migrate data from old I mac to new Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.