Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Adobe Creative Cloud Monterey

Can anyone help me remove Adobe Creative Cloud from my desktop Mac?

I added it for a class, that now that its over, I no longer need it (for what it's worth, I knew this would be trouble, and I almost didn't take the class because of the Adobe requirement). Anyway, here is what I have tried:

• Adobe Uninstaller: does not work. It runs through the steps, that makes sure, I'm really, REALLY sure, but then it says it can't uninstall, as there are programs that still need it (which ones? beats me). Nothing beside Safari is running.
  • I searched the Community, and saw reference to this link Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps, however, the interface in Adobe is not the same. The 3-dots referenced are not longer there. I'm assuming this has changed since Monterey. Basically, the only options I have are to install, try, or buy, all three of which are the exact opposite of what i'm trying to do.

Any help in disengaging myself from them, forever, is appreciated. If not forever, at least of my Mac.

Many thanks

Jim

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 2:22 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Feb 12, 2022 10:34 AM in response to hoopsmiller

I believe that means that you need to remove all Adobe apps that are associated with Creative Cloud (Photoshop CC, etc.) prior to removing the Creative Cloud app. The applications utilize the Creative Cloud app to verify status, etc.

If you want to see what apps are currently running on your system, in the Finder go to the menu Go > Utilities > Activity Monitor and launch the Activity Monitor. You can kill anything running there.

Also, see this guidance from Adobe here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

MtD

Remove Adobe Creative Cloud Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.