Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Related Article: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost iPad found but it’s locked and I removed the account what can I do to add my Apple ID on it to open it

My iPad 2 were stolen and I tracked it down thanks to find my device app .. and its Itune locked now and I removed the device from my apple account/id is there any way I can put it back on using the emei number or serial number to open it ?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 1:53 AM

No. You’ll need to restore the iPad to Factory Settings - and set-up again from scratch. During setup you’ll need your AppleID and associated Password.

You’ll be able to restore your data from your pre-existing iCloud or iTunes backup of the device.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 1:53 AM in response to ashlene288

No. You’ll need to restore the iPad to Factory Settings - and set-up again from scratch. During setup you’ll need your AppleID and associated Password.

You’ll be able to restore your data from your pre-existing iCloud or iTunes backup of the device.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Lost iPad found but it’s locked and I removed the account what can I do to add my Apple ID on it to open it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.