Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF Markings Not Saved

Hello, I recently downloaded a PDF from my google drive to the Apple Notes App. I mark up using my Apple Pencil, and when I have to switch to another app and come back, about 3/4 of my markings are all gone.

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 3:52 AM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2022 7:36 AM in response to Awt104

Hello Awt104, 

Apple Support Communities is a wonderful place for help with the Notes app on your iPad, and we know how important it is for Markup edits to save. To confirm, are you tapping Done before switching to another app to confirm those changes are being saved? If not, make sure to tap Done before switching applications. This information can also be found in the article below. 

Mark up attachments in your notes on Mac

If you continue to have issues after tapping Done before switching apps, you may find the following article helpful. While the title of the article outlines different issues, these steps can help resolve many application specific issues.

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won't open

Let us know how that goes!

PDF Markings Not Saved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.