Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes keeps re-syncing the same 34 songs

Every time i sync any of my Apple devices (iPhone 11, iPhone 7 (both on iOS 15.3, but this has happened on previous versions), iPod classic), the same 34 songs get re-synced to all devices. This is despite nothing having been done to the tracks (changed artwork, etc.).

The same is true of some playlists.

How can i fix this?

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 5:44 AM

Use the Songs view and enable the Work and Movement columns. I suspect you will find these 34 songs have some kind of value in the Work column, probably inherited from a value that used to be in Grouping. If that isn't the explanation then the other possibility that comes to mind would be the multiple tags issue as described in Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows - Apple Community.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2022 5:44 AM in response to Caped Avenger

Use the Songs view and enable the Work and Movement columns. I suspect you will find these 34 songs have some kind of value in the Work column, probably inherited from a value that used to be in Grouping. If that isn't the explanation then the other possibility that comes to mind would be the multiple tags issue as described in Repair security permissions for iTunes for Windows - Apple Community.

tt2

Feb 11, 2022 7:14 AM in response to turingtest2

First of all, thank you for the very quick response.

Your suspicion was accurate about the vast majority of these tracks - they had values in the 'Work' column. Clearing those values has resolved the issue for all of those tracks. So thank you very much for the solution!

It is still happening with a small number of tracks (it's difficult to see as it happens so quickly with it being a small number). I'll investigate that article that you linked to and see if that will fix the other tracks.

Again - thanks tt2!

iTunes keeps re-syncing the same 34 songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.