Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs not syncing to device from iTunes playlists

Some new songs that I add to iTunes playlists do not show up on the same playlist on my device. If I add the songs myself to the playlist it belongs to on my device, then sync to iTunes, it removes them from the playlist. I have no idea what could be causing this, nor do I have an idea of how to fix it.

I attempted to create a new playlist, transfer the songs to it, and sync that new playlist, with some success, but lately it is not working for the newest songs in my library. Any ideas for a fix?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 3:13 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 15, 2021 7:26 PM in response to turingtest2

I did recently begin syncing with a new iTunes library, transferring the music from my iPhone, creating a back up and restoring to that back up. Don't know if that changes anything.

If the songs are being removed from my iPhone playlists after a sync, what would a new sync with all the songs being transferred to the device do differently?

Songs not syncing to device from iTunes playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.