Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery health reduced 5% after IOS 15 update

I have iPhone XR before updating to ios 15 my battery health was 91 % but after updated to IOS 15 my battery health reducing too fast

now my battery health is 86 %

please do something for this issue

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Feb 11, 2022 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2022 9:12 AM

The battery health displayed by iOS is not a real time value. It updates, and sometimes in chunks. Not sure why, but that's kind of how it works. For example, the value might hold at 95% for 8 months, then overnight it's at 91%. That doesn't mean it lost 4% all at once. It means that it's been slowly losing capacity but that's when it got reported.

It's also only an estimate based on the power management observing the battery.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2022 9:12 AM in response to Samfrancis9

The battery health displayed by iOS is not a real time value. It updates, and sometimes in chunks. Not sure why, but that's kind of how it works. For example, the value might hold at 95% for 8 months, then overnight it's at 91%. That doesn't mean it lost 4% all at once. It means that it's been slowly losing capacity but that's when it got reported.

It's also only an estimate based on the power management observing the battery.

Feb 12, 2022 8:25 AM in response to Samfrancis9

Welcome Samfrancis9,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, your Battery Health has reduced after updating your iPhone XR. We'll do our best to assist with this.

It's normal for the Battery Health to decrease over time and usage. To learn more about how these batteries age, please see: iPhone Battery and Performance

To check battery usage: About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Maximize your battery life with these tips: Batteries - Maximizing Performance

With that said, at 80% Battery Health, Apple can replace the battery with a new one.

While you aren't to that point yet, these will help if you decide to seek service: iPhone Repair and Service

Get prepared for your visit: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Select your region and search nearby for locations: Find Locations

Due to the current conditions around the world, some stores may have limited hours or appointment times. They also may require specific things to visit them (Such as, scheduling an appointment, wearing a mask, calling to check-in, etc.).

Wishing you well, take care.

Battery health reduced 5% after IOS 15 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.